The Long Point Phragmites Action Alliance will be hosting it’s annual Long Point Phragmites Control Project Information Session on July 30, 2020 from 1:30-2:30pm. The Information session will be hosted online using the Microsoft Teams platform. There is no need to download an app to use Microsoft Teams, you can join the meeting from any web browser of your choice. We hope that you can join us to learn more about the work being conducted to control Phragmites in the Long Point region!
The Information session can be accessed using the link provided in the agenda below. If you plan on attending the meeting please be sure to mute your microphones and wait to ask questions until the question period at the end. The session will be recorded and posted on the Long Point Phragmites Action Alliance Website for anyone who is unable to attend the meeting.
Invasive Phragmites Control in the Long Point Region
1:30 – 2:30pm July 30, 2020
This meeting will be delivered online by clicking the link below:
• 1:30 – 1:35pm – Welcome and Overview – Eric Gunnell, Chair – Long Point Phragmites Action Alliance
• 1:35 – 1:55pm – Phragmites Control on Provincial and Private Lands in the Long Point Region and Big Creek Watershed 2019 – Eric Cleland, Director – Invasive Species Program, Nature Conservancy of Canada
• 1:55 – 2:10pm – 2020 Phragmites Control plans at Federal National Wildlife Areas in the Long Point Region – Heather Braun, Habitat Biologist, Environment and Climate Change Canada – Canadian Wildlife Service
• 2:10 – 2:20pm – 2020 Long Point Provincial Park – Jenni Kaija, Assistant Ecologist, Ontario Parks, Southwest Zone
• 2:20 – 2:30pm – Wrap-up & Questions
How to join a Microsoft Teams meeting:
1. Copy and paste the provided link to your browser.
2. Teams will ask how you’d like to join the meeting. Please select “Continue on this Browser”.
3. Teams will take you to the following screen prior to joining the meeting.
(a) Be sure to mute you microphone and turn off your camera. This is done by clicking the areas circled in red above.
(b) Next click the “Join Now” option circled in green.
4. You have now joined the meeting!